Saturday, 4 January 2014

New Year, New Start!

I am finally connected with the modern world again. After breaking my laptop last year and getting fulltime employment I have been noticeably absent from my already fairly lacking blog. So here I am, again. Starting over, again. I am going to share with you my new years resolutions and my plan for the year.
 
So resolutions, the things we make that are usually fairly unrealistic and that we feel miserable in February when we break. Here are mine:
 
1. Take care of myself...
 
Now this one is actually fairly loaded. As simple as it may sound, taking care of myself is exactly that. Taking care of myself and doing what is right for me in EVERY aspect in my life. That may mean ensure I get my eyebrows regularly threaded (I don't do this enough and am currently sporting some caterpillars) or I only surround myself with people that make me happy. I have spent far to long not thinking about me. Yes I am a mother, and yes I will ALWAYS put my family first but I need to look out for me too. If I am unhappy I don't believe that my family will find me entirely pleasant. Yes, this will also mean eating well and trying to exercise more, but this is not my main focus. My main focus is improving everything around me, for me. So if one day that improvement means eating a whole cake of chocolate then I struggle through it!!
 
2. Minimise Sophia's technology...
 
Sophia is a big two year old now. She knows how to get onto my phone and how to find photos and YouTube. She knows which is her favourite cartoon and what Facebook is. I have decided to reduce her exposure. She is two. We now have locks on our phones, and she is not allowed on the tablet. We do not turn our television on daily and when we do it is often on adult programming (that means no cartoons not 'adult' programmes, get your mind out of the gutter). She now has Poppa Pig toys and several books, so when she asks to watch Peppa, I suggest we either play with her toys or read one of her books. Failing that, we play Play-Doh. That girl is obsessed with the stuff!
 
3. Blog more...
 
Pretty self explanatory, but I am not planning daily posts, lets be realistic I haven't managed to update this once a month yet, so I am aiming for once a week. Anything above that is a bonus. \
 
4. Be more creative...
 
Be it cooking, crafts or tall tales to tell my friends, I want to get creative.
 
5. Be a better friend... 
 
As  I sit here typing I just remembered I got a text this morning that I have still now replied to, to organise a play date for tomorrow. I am the friend you have to chase up for that borrowed stuff and the one you have to remind about 5 times to do something. I am that girl. Now I am not going crazy and suggesting all that will change, but maybe I will return your things along with an apology and some chocolate.
 
6. Judge less...
 
We all know we do it. However, sometimes I share my judgements with others. This makes me look horrible and negative. So I will try to judge less, and I will definitely keep any judgements to myself. Me being a negative Nancy helps no one.
 
Okay, that is it I think. Unless I forgot something which is highly likely. I will try to keep you updated but we all know that if this blog doesn't have a new post in the next week or two then I have already failed miserably
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment