Monday, 18 February 2013

A bit of a pat on the back...

I am quite a negative person and usually I focus on what is wrong in my life and not is what right. So I thought in this blog post I would try and be positive. I am quite proud of some things in my life. So here are 10 of them (in no particular order):

1. I am the first person in my entire family to graduate from University.
Graduation! OOOhhh Yeah!
2. Sophia. Enough said, that little girl is my best achievement so far. 


Photo: Cooool!!!!
I love this little lady!
3. Backpacking through South America. My best friend and I did this in the summer of 2009. It        was one of the best experiences of my life.

Me and my bestie looking worse for wear
 after a 3 and a half day trek to Machu  Pichu.

4. My ability so save for the things I want. Other than my student loan I have no debt. I don't do it. Never, I always pay for what I want outright. You usually get better deals that way too!

5. How I just take things in my stride. Although I can be negative, I don't usually let these things get me down, I am more of a "what will be will be" kinda gal.



6. My relationship with Nick. Nick and I met pretty young. We were completely different people and I would have never thought we would be where we are today. We have been through some fairly tough times, and there has been moments where I didn't think we would last. But here we are, 6 years on, two completely different people from who we started out as, and I couldn't be happier. 


This is us pretty brand new,  sometime
during our first year  of romance!

7. That I have managed to breastfeed Sophia for over a year, she is 14 months and we are still feeding about 3 times a day. 


8. My relationship with my parents. There was a time in my life where I couldn't imagine being as close to my mother as I am. I realise now that we are more a like that I would care to admit! I was a horror teenager. I did not respect rules or boundaries and although I was never into anything illegal or really 'bad'. I didn't listen to my parents, I did what I wanted, when I wanted. I am actually surprised I have turned out as well as I have. Every day I feel closer to my parents. I call them often and ever since I left home to go to university, I tell them I love them. It is not something we say often enough, however I will never end a phone call without saying 'I love you'.


Me and my Mama being silly!
9. The way I have learnt to cope with my temper. I used to be quite explosive, and I still am. However, I am proud of myself in the fact that I have a lot of time and patience for Sophia. I know that many won't see this as an achievement, but during my pregnancy I was actually worried whether or not I would yell at Sophia when she did things wrong. Whether I would be able to control my temper when I got annoyed. I knew I would never ever smack Sophia, but I can get frustrated really quickly. I have tried my damnedest that I will not be a mother that yells. If I am honest, I have on occasion, but usually it is for safety reasons (ie she is about to touch the oven while it is going). I am a gentle and loving parent just like I had hoped I would be, and I am definitely proud of that!

10. My sense of adventure. I try new things. I have eaten a live grub. I have tried gunniea pig. I've been to Maylaysia. I travelled around South America. I walk the Machu Pichu track while I was incredibly unfit (which by the way was bloody really hard at high altitude) and I hang-glided over Rio de Janeiro. I am often a yes person. I like to try new things, I give it a go even though I am afraid. I act silly in public and I have fun. Isn't that what life it about? 




I'm flying Jack I'm really flying (little titanic reference in there
even though I wasn't on a ship and his name was Claus) 

So there you go, not everything I am proud of, but 10 things that came to mind. 


What are you proud of in your life?

Bursting with pride




2 comments:

  1. You have done some extremely awesome things in your life! Slowly but surely I am becoming a yes person. You have inspired me to try hang-gliding though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should, its scary as anything though, the guy said "you have to run in time with me and as fast as me" when I asked what will happen if I didn't "we will probably die". Make sure you do it where there is beautiful scenery, you are in the air for a good 20 minutes so you want to have amazing things to look at. It is the most amazing feeling, I am quite the adventure junkie, I don't do it overly often though, and even though I am often terrified I always have a blast! Just say yes!

      Delete