Friday, 2 November 2012

What we did for Halloween!

I wanted to do something small for Halloween as a part of my bucket list. I guess I achieved it, as it was super small! We had a fun day though!

Where I live Halloween is not a big deal. In fact it is almost non 
existent. All the 'young'ns' use it as an excuse for a party and to drink but the general public doesn't get overly into it. When I was a kid I went trick or treating with a friend. We were literally the ONLY children out trick or treating, in fact so many people were not prepared that we got more cash than candy!

For my bucket list I said I wanted to do something really small for Halloween. It turned out that Halloween was such a beautiful day (it is spring here) that we spent the day with my neighbour. She had her paddling pool out for her daughter and the kids just played in the water and ran around (well Sophia crawled) nudie for the afternoon. I do have pictures of that but I am sure you can understand why they are not being put on the internet. So really the most scary thing about our Halloween was the chance of sunburn (not really though because we used sunscreen!).

I didn't put Sophia in a costume as such, however we did give out candy to the 3 or 4 groups of children that came to our door. I did make Sophia wear these for most of the day though!



I tried to teach her to say RAAAH when I opened the door but she was not having a bar of it. I know compared to Americans that this will look a little lame! However, at least Sophia was happy to keep those ears on for most of the day!

What did you do for Halloween?
Comment or leave a link to your blog post below..

Spookiness and Sunshine

2 comments:

  1. Awww the ears are so cute :) I had plans to do lots for halloween but I have been ill so didn't do much! Although I did manage to eat my mums halloween cakepops ha ha

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That was her after she just woke up so not the most glamorous shot! Halloween is almost non existent here, its out of the norm to actually do anything! Plus we has such a beautiful day every other plan went to mush and we played in the water with the neighbours!

      Delete