Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Scrumptious Saturday!

Ah, the weekend. A time to relax and enjoy. 

This weekend just been, I have done just that. It was probably rates as one of the best weekends I have had this year. A friend and I decided to go on a rather ambitious walk it was almost 12km (around 7.5 miles for you folk who don't work in km). It was a gorgeous summers (well technically spring but it felt like summer!) day, so my friend Kate and I set out!  Here are some snaps from our walk...

A pile of rocks we found along our walk, Kate got to the top
but my crippling fear of  heights only got me this far! 
The gorgeous 'Southern coast' walk
A propeller? Rutter? At the Wahine park, remembering
those tho died in the wahine disaster.
Read more about it here.
Drink and snack stops were essential, Baby S didn't like
sitting in her pram that long so half way into our walk
we had to call Daddy.
We waited at this gorgeous beach for Daddy to come, and watched the people
fish and play on the beach while Baby S played with some shells and stones 
We played on the beach once Dad arrived and he took
Baby S for her first paddle in the water!
She didn't care for it too much and kept bringing up her
little legs, the water was quite chilly!
So instead Daddy and daughter went for a nice
walk along the beach

The walk was lovely, and the perfect way to spend a day with friends and family. I have a confession, I am not usually so into fitness. Actually I am never really into fitness, and to be honest this walk was more because it was preempting something else that was happening later that day... 
CHOCOLATE BUFFET!!!

Yes, you heard right. A Buffet dedicated entirely to chocolatey treats, and it was GLORIOUS! I thought I had a copy of the menu, but I didn't instead you will just have to look at the glory and understand why I needed to take such a long walk! (Although I did really enjoy the walk, promise!)

Round one, ooooo YUM!

Round two, DOUBLE YUM

Pina-Colada mousse - YUM YUM YUM
Sadly I actually missed some shots of what I had, there were crepes, icecream, candy, truffles, fresh fruit, nuts and a chocolate fountain. Don't fear I didn't finish EVERYTHING on my plates, I tasted some and shared some of them (ok and I also finished a few as well!) but they were pretty small servings and the whole idea we had as a group was to go, not judge each other and eat ourselves into a sweet coma. Mission (deliciously) completed.

I doubt my walk even worked off half of what I ate, but I don't care, I loved every minute of it. Luckily it is an annual event. Until next year chocolate buffet we will part in such sweet (emphasis on the sweet) sorrow.

A xx

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a beautiful place for a walk. And at least you know you burned a lot of those calories. The sweets all look yummy delicious!!

    ReplyDelete