Monday, 20 August 2012

Mission Control



This is it. Another person writing another blog about changing their lives.
I am motivated (clearly my site name proves it).
I am here, writing earnestly that my life needs to change. There is nothing horrifically wrong with it, in fact many would say that I have a great life, and mostly, I would have to agree.
Why this need for a ‘mission’ and ‘mission control’?
For one, it makes me feel very important, and for two, I am hoping I will be held a little more accountable. Also, I am a stay at home mama (well for the time being) and I need to do something. This will be a diary of how I will  hopefully change my life.
It will be snippets into what I want to achieve and how I am going about it. So now I will set out 3 goals that I hope to achieve.
1. Drink more water.
That’s right, simple isn’t it? Well I do not drink water. I drink sugary drinks that are terrible for me (and actually I love it). However, I do not want my 8 month old daughter growing up with my bad habits. Plus hopefully it will help with goal number 2.
2. Lose 5 kilos by Xmas.
5?!? JUST 5?!? When you weigh… (pausing deciding weather to put this on here…) 85 KILOS! *cringe* That’s right folks. This blog is not about my setting myself up to fail, its about me feeling good about achieving something. I want to set myself easy goals. I want to achieve. I want to be able to say that I did what I set out. Then at xmas I will review how I have done. This is not about the easy way out, this is about the confidence that I can achieve what I set out to do.
3.Do my hair and wear make-up.
Don’t get me wrong, I brush my hair. I want to start feeling better about myself. I want to feel a little more confident every day. At the moment if you came to my door on a typical week day you would find me with messy tied back hair and no make-up. I want to look in a mirror and notice my eyes not my blemishes.
There, three simple enough goals. I will try and update weekly on how I am going. I will also post other things about me being a mama and my daily life.
Wish me luck as I try to be the woman I want to be, one day at a time.

A xx

No comments:

Post a Comment